Gottfried Helnwein - Head of a Child (14) Anna, 2012
On the right side is Anna, who posed for the artist several years ago.
i hate when people are like “only dogs can give u love and affection cats are cold and elusive” like okay dog person if you had ever actually owned a cat you would know they are the neediest fucking creatures on the planet
cats will literally sit on your head until you pay attention to them
That proves the point, they want attention, they want you to pay attention to them not them!
cats show affection and love in their own way
- actually holding eye contact with you and blinking slowly is how cats ‘kiss’
- cats choose to sleep or sit next to you even if you’re busy when they have a million other places to be because they like your company
- they consider positive attention love
- when they ‘headbutt’ you it’s called ‘bunting’ and it’s how they show affection
- when they knead you it’s because they feel comforted
- they think of you petting them as grooming- it makes them feel good so they will ask for you to pet them (or demand) especially if they’re feeling sad
- cats like to step on you because they mark you with their scent from their little feet telling other cats BACK THE FUCK OFF THIS HUMAN IS MINE
- cats will lick you or groom you because they want you to be clean and happy
- they bring you dead things because they don’t want you to starve
cats think of humans as parents whereas dogs think of humans as the alpha dog